Sunday, November 25, 2012

One foot in front of the other

I've had kind of a rough week, in the sense that I've had all sorts of things on my to-do list that didn't have anything to do with picking up a camera, and most of my items to get done were incredibly energy-consuming, and not very fun.  But I'm trying my best to be consistent with my photography, as I can feel myself growing each week that I try.  Here are a few shots I've taken in the past few days...







It's hard to learn to do the right thing for yourself, when all you want to do is eat, sleep, or watch tv.  I've spent more time on my photography in the past couple months than I have (I hate to admit) all year.  But as hard as it is for me to pick up my camera or process what I've taken sometimes, I know I'll feel better at the end of the day to do the necessary work than if I hadn't.  It's a hard lesson to learn, and one that will take me years to master, I'm sure - but I don't like to think of myself as a quitter.  Sometimes you just have to know when to grit your teeth and do what needs to be done in order to get to the other side.

1 comment:

  1. Your dedication is admirable and your results bear witness, Hally. I find your city-scapes are as accessible as your country inspired shots--they reveal the same eye. I love the light in all of them--and the angles. I'm feel privileged to get these 'look see's!' R.

    ReplyDelete